|Our Watch, in partnership with Vic Health and ANROWS, have released Change the Story, a shared framework for preventing violence against women and their children. The framework, the first of its kind in the world, makes it clear that gender inequality is at the core of the problem and fundamental to its solution. A short and powerful video shows how we can choose a future where women and their children live free of violence, and you can read the full document here.
Around the Country
Around the World
Research, Resources and Reports
- AWAVA, in conjunction with Our Watch and supported by WESNET, invite you to attend an international conference on violence against women. The conference will be held from 19 to 22 September 2016. More information here!
- Women’s Services Network (WESNET), AWAVA’s lead agency, is running a four day training workshop for services and agencies working with or supporting women experiencing gender based violence. The workshop will focus on strategies to address technology facilitated abuse and will run on 26, 27 November and 3, 4 December 2015. The training is funded by the ACT Government and is open to participants from the ACT. Find out more here!
- Join Australian of the Year Rosie Batty in conversation with Executive Director of UN Women Australia Julie McKay on 30 November in Canberra. This event is open to the public and all ticket sales will be donated to UN Women programs in the Pacific. Register here!
- 25 November is the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women and the beginning of the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence. This year you are urged to Orange the World to show your support!
- Women’s Legal Services Australia invites female victims/ survivors of sexual assault and domestic/ family violence who have been involved in family law court proceedings about children’s matters and would like to share about their experiences to please answer the short survey (open until 31 December).
- The Queensland Centre for Domestic and Family Violence Research and ANROWS are conducting a national survey relating to the enforcement of domestic violence protections orders in Australia. Complete the survey here by 30 November 2015.
- The 21st Nursing Network on Violence Against Women International Conference 2016 will be held from 26-28 October 2016. More information here!
* Due to staff leave, the Round-up will be produced fortnightly instead of weekly from 9 November until the normal weekly pattern resumes on 21 December.