This week AWAVA said a final farewell to our outgoing Program Manager Dr Trishima Mitra-Kahn. Trish will be much missed for all her work in amplifying and harnessing member expertise so that AWAVA continues to deliver best-practice VAW policy advice and advocacy. We wish her the best for her future endeavours!
Our Chairperson, Ms Julie Oberin along with our Executive Committee member Ms Margaret Augerinos (National Committee member WESNET and CEO, Centre for Non Violence ) and Advisory Group member Ms Moo Baulch (Project Manager, Domestic Violence NSW ) were in Canberra to see Trish off.
Around the Country
- A Victorian pilot program, Strengthening Risk Management Demonstration Projects, has received an additional $4.5 million in State Government funding for its work with family violence and human services, police, corrections and the Courts
- WIRE Women’s Information has released a new information booklet for people dealing with financial abuse
- Services continue to urge the Federal Government to maintain their funding through the National Partnership Agreement on Housing (NPAH) beyond the current 2015 cut-off date
- In the Northern Territory, a 24 year old man stands accused of murdering his wife
- In Lismore, a man is charged with assaulting his partner while she held their one-year-old child