Thankyou to all our subsribers for your patience over the last few weeks, as we upgraded our website! There are still some more exciting changes to come, so keep an eye out.
Get comfy and settle in for some catch-up reading
- News.com.au reports on recommendations for making Melbourne a safer city for women
- This article in the Age reports on the impact of family violence on children.
- A new report from tye NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research sheds some light on patterns of domestic and family violence in NSW
- The Sunraysia Daily reports on a new service to support indigenous women from around the state
- The Sydney Morning Herald reports on research done by the Equality Rights Alliance into the impact of income management on women in the Northern Territory
- An inquiry has been ordered in Victoria, into laws around teens and sexting
- The National Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children is launched in Western Australia – read more here
- The Attorney General’s Department released this media release advising of the Senate Committee’s endorsement of the Family Law Reforms
- A new report from the USA provides an insight into why victims/survivors of Domestic and Family Violence recant
- A new study shows decreasing rates of Female Genital Mutilation in Egypt
- This opinion piece from Washington DC revisits Slutwalks
- Women’s enews looks at UN Women’s stance on abortion
- There has been anger over medical checks for potential flight attendants in South Korea
- In Canadia, there is storm of criticism after a hairdressing salon used Domestic Violence to promote itself