A mixed bag of news crossing our virtual desks this week – all of which makes for some interesting reading!
First and foremost – there have been some important media releases from the Minister’s office this week:
Making the news nationally this week
- In a follow up to last weeks article on the “”Brocial Network”” Jessica Lake takes a look at the history of privacy laws and images of women
- The Age reports on tribunal findings that cyberbullying constitutes violence
- The Sunraysia Daily reports on the opening of a new complex for indigenous women
As expected, there is still more commentary on Slutwalk.
- In New Zealand there is debate over parental notification when teenagers seek abortions
- Cora Weiss comments on rape and war
- UK Department of Health has released a report on the number of women travelling from Ireland to have abortions.
VicHealth has launched a review of Bystander Approaches in Support of Preventing Violence Against Women – access it here