A little less to share this week, with the 5 day break slowing down the news somewhat.
Making the papers (traditional and online) this week
- The Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission welcomes a review of the Human Rights Charter
- The Attorney General’s department put out a media release encouraging community groups to back human rights education
- The Age published a story focussing on the newly-appointed head of UN Women, Michelle Bachelet
- The debate continues over women serving on the frontline
- The Border Mail reports on the BSafeprogram, and a lack of funding.
Applications for the Australian Human Rights Framework Education Grants program are now open.
Don’t Forget! There is still time to register for these upcoming conferences
- United Against Domestic Violence, Mt Gambier in July
- White Ribbon Day Every Day Brisbane, May 21st
- World Conference of Women’s Shelters Washington DC Feb 2012