This week we’ve had a bit of an international flavour in the material across our virtual desks.
- In the USA, President Obama marked the anniversary of Roe v. Wade on the 22nd of January. You can read about his statement here.
- Australia has named its representatives to the United Nation’s Commission on the Status of Women. Elaine Butler, Christina Ryan and Jahna Cedar will be off to New York for the session next month. Full story is here.
- We’ve been watching the events unfold in Tunisia and there was an interesting article in the Australian today about the impact on women.
Closer to home:
- According to the Age this morning, a Damning report on abuse is about to be released by the Victorian Office of the Public Advocate which reveals more disturbing reports of violence against people with cognitive impairments.
- DV Victoria, the State DV peak, is seeking suitable applicants for their Practice Development Project Officer position. You can find the job ad here. Applications close 18thFebruary CoB.
Until next week.