A relatively quiet week in the media this week when it comes to reporting on Violence Against Women. Still, a few interesting articles made an appearance
- The NSW government has announced community grants to help tackle domestic violence
- The Age reports that the NSW government will be to granting leave to public sector workers who have been victims of domestic and family violence
- Another article from the Age, provides an Opinion piece on Why Don’t Women Leave?
Of course, the biggest news to cross our virtual desks this week, is that the The National Plan to Reduce Violence Against Women and Children has been released.
Make sure you check out the details on conferences and training coming up in the very near future!
- The dates have now been announced for the 2nd World Conference of Women’s Shelters
- The Australian Women Educators are holding their White Ribbon Day Everyday conference on May 21st in Brisbane
The Centenary of International Women’s Day is fast approaching – the Queen Vic Women’s Centre have put together a list of events happening in Victoria and you can check out what is happening around Australia here . Share with us how you are going to celebrate IWD by commenting below. We would love to hear from you!