The Australian Government’s Fair Work Ombudsman has produced an Employer Guide to Family and Domestic Violence. Knowledge, awareness and planning can help employers support their employees, meet their workplace obligations and protect their workplaces.
The guide outlines:-
- the role of the Fair Work Ombudsman and how they can help
- a checklist for managing family and domestic violence issues in the workplace
- what family and domestic violence is and how it affects workplaces
- employers’ legal obligations
- a suggested approach to supporting employees and developing a workplace response to family and domestic violence
- support and referral services
Access the guide here.