WESNET are running a two-day training to the DV/SA sector in WA on Monday 10 and Tuesday 11 June 2013. The training is being hosted by the Women’s Council WA with funding and sponsorship from LotteryWest, Keep Kids Safe and the WA Department for Child Protection.
This training focuses on the positive and negative impacts of technology on survivors of domestic and family violence, stalking, sexual violence, dating violence and abuse. Technology Safety Training educates service providers in the domestic and family violence sector to:
• understand HOW technologies work
• identify HOW abusers are misusing technology
• assess HOW technology use impacts women and girls experiencing violence
• discuss HOW technology can be used to help women and girls experiencing violence
• support women and girls with privacy and SAFETY PLANNING around technology and EVIDENCE COLLECTION
The training is suitable for refuges and outreach workers supporting victims and/or survivors of violence and abuse. If you are in WA and would like to attend please click here for more info.
Places are strictly limited and filling fast so it’s best to book soon, register online at www.wesnet.org.au