Implementation of the National Plan
Commonwealth, state and territory ministers will oversee the National Plan implementation, monitor progress and develop further Action Plans. Ministers across all governments will be involved in the development of a national implementation plan and jurisdiction implementation plans.
National Plan Implementation Panel (NPIP) will advise on the development and implementation of the National Plan and on emerging issues for subsequent Action Plans. NPIP will ensure there is effective cross-government and cross-community collaboration. The NPIP includes Commonwealth, state and territory government as well as 14 non?government representatives from agencies working with women who have experienced violence.
Working groups will be established as required. Membership will be drawn from government and non–government representatives from sexual assault and domestic violence sectors which specialise in the prevention of violence, providing service support to victims, or justice responses.
Council of Australian Governments
Relevant Commonwealth, state and territory Ministers
National Plan Implementation Panel
Working Groups to progress specific actions nationally
Jurisdiction level arrangements
Members of the National Plan Implementation Panel
New South Wales
- Ms Cat Gander, Executive Officer, NSW Women’s Refuge Movement Resource Centres
- Mr Alan Kirkland, Law and Justice/Member of the Prime Minister’s Council on Homelessness
- Ms Fiona McCormack, CEO Domestic Violence Victoria
- Ms Julie Oberin, Chair of the Australian Women Against Violence Alliance/National Chair of the Women’s Support Network
- Ms Shirley Slann, Domestic Violence Rural and Remote Resource Worker at the North Queensland Domestic Violence Resource Service/National Indigenous Representative for the Women’s Support Network/Member of the former National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Women’s Gathering
- Ms Jodie Sloan, Manager Victim Support Services/Friend & Supporter of Australian Women Against Violence Alliance
- Dr Lana Zannettino, Senior Lecturer at Flinders University, Academic research on Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Communities
- Ms Angela Hartwig, CEO Women’s Council for Domestic and Family Violence
- Ms Dorinda Cox, Chair of the National Association of Services Against Sexual Violence/Former member of the National Council to Reduce Violence Against Women and their Children
- Ms Liz Little, Manager Sexual Assault Services
- Ms Dale Wakefield, Coordinator Alice Springs Women’s Shelter
Australian Capital Territory
- Ms Rebecca Vassarotti, Executive Director of the YWCA of Canberra
- Ms Sue Salthouse, President of Women With Disability Australia
- Ms Libby Lloyd, Former Chair of the Violence Against Women Advisory Group and the National Council to Reduce Violence Against Women and their Children
NPIP met for the first time on 26 and 27 April 2012, in Melbourne.